Monday 20 July 2015

Review: Waves by Sharon Dogar

Displaying photo.JPG 
Waves is a book by Sharon Dogar, first published in 2007 by The Chicken House.

Charley, Hal and their family holiday in Cornwall every year. But last year, something went wrong. An 'accident' happened, and now Charley's been in a coma for an entire year, neither dead nor alive.

On their holiday in Cornwall this year, Hal finds it hard to shake off Charley's presence. He needs to find out what happened last summer, no matter what it takes. 

'A haunting story of love, lies and loss.'

 'Help me, Hal!'

I stare at them both, but they don't notice, and the shiver inside me becomes fixed and cold, hard and frozen - I want to howl with laughter at the weird friggin' irony of it. Why now, why are they thinking about this now? Just when she's coming alive again for me? Why now, just when I'm beginning to remember something?

And Charley's voice comes back, stronger than ever.

'Remember.'
♥ 

Gosh, this one was amazing. I thought I would be disappointed by any book after I'll Give You The Sun, but this book was the right choice. Because, apart from a few grammar errors, this book was just beautiful. Maybe not as beautiful as I'll Give You The Sun, but beautiful in its own right. 

I think it was great to read a book that contained so much mystery, as I normally like light-hearted reads and romance. But Sharon Dogar's writing is just captivating...remarkable. 

-Beth

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment! Just select Name/URL in the comment bar below!