Friday 17 July 2015

Review: Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige


REMOVE
THE TIN WOODMAN'S HEART

STEAL
THE SCARECROW'S BRAIN

TAKE 
THE LION'S COURAGE

AND THEN-
DOROTHY MUST DIE.


   This book was magical. It brought the world of Oz to life with a whirlwind of words, and dropped us straight into the action along with the tornado that brought Amy to the yellow brick road.

   Though it took me a while to finish it, I truly loved this book. There's just something so amazing about Danielle Paige's writing, and how beautifully she recreated Oz and all of the familiar characters like the Scarecrow, the Lion, the Tin Woodman and of course, Dorothy herself. 

But she also brought to the table new characters, one's that you are guaranteed to fall in love with. 


"I know exactly who I am."
"But you said..."
"I am a fighter. I am a member of the Revolutionary
Order of the Wicked."
It occurred to me - maybe Mombi hadn't
rescued him out of the kindness of her heart. Maybe she
had done it to make a perfect soldier.


   When I first heard about this book, I instantly thought it would be amazing. And now having read it, I can gladly say it was all of what I was expecting and more.

I definitely suggest this being your next read, because a book like this should not be kept waiting.


Thanks!

- Emma

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment! Just select Name/URL in the comment bar below!