Thursday 30 July 2015

Issue 6 of The Fangirl Guide: Traveling - beautiful places to read

I visited a beautiful waterfall in April, and have since come up with this idea:

Everyone has a safe-place. Yes, mostly (for us bibliophiles) in books. But what about where you open that window to fantasy? Is it in your bed? In your garden? In front of the TV? What about when you're traveling or on vacation? In the hotel? Or on the beach?

Well, there are plenty of natural wonders in the world for you to discover, and read in. I've decided to research into and list a few of them by place, using book inspirations to find beautiful places for bookdragons!

This is basically a round the world ultimate trip for book lovers:

Europe


Top Withins, Yorkshire. The inspiration for Wuthering Heights and an absolutely beautiful place, this has got to be one of the most atmospheric and pretty places for bibliophiles in the U.K.


Amsterdam, Netherlands. Obviously an amazing place to visit and see where Anne Frank wrote her diary, and also see where the world-famous The Fault in Our Stars was filmed!

 America & the U.S.A
 Powell's Books in Portland, Oregon, USA --- If I ever do make a west coast trip, this is definitely on my list of places I must see!!: Book Lovers, Powell Cities, Powell Bookstores, Cities Bookstores, Books Stores, Roads Trips, Books Lovers, Portland Oregon, Inspiration Bookstores
Powell's City Bookstore, Portland, Oregon - Visit the flagship Powell's bookstores, the largest independent chain of bookstores in the world!

49-National-Library-of-Brazil-Rio-de-Janeiro-Brazil
The National Library of Brazil, Rio De Janeiro: One of the worlds most beautiful libraries.


Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. Just breathtaking.


Phoenix Lake, California. When I read Second Chance Summer, I looked up Lake Phoenix. Of course, I couldn't find the actual one, but I can't help thinking it was inspired by this one!



Yosemite National Park, California. I think everyone who read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour will agree here!

Australia
 
Australian beaches are just beautiful! I think an amazing beach must be the most relaxing place to read!

 
 New Zealand - with five times more sheep than people, this is the best place to escape from people, and the real world.

Africa 

South Africa - I apologize, I don't know of the exact location of this gem!


The pyramids, Egypt. A beautiful, mysterious place to read.

-Beth

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment! Just select Name/URL in the comment bar below!