Wednesday 8 July 2015

Review: Dark Souls by E.J. King


   I re-discovered my kindle recently, and, as you do, decided to surf the store in hopes that I would find a free book that would be a good quick read.

And I found exactly that. 

Monsters lurk in the shadows. 
Evil comes out to play at night.
Your worst nightmares are real.
You have every reason to be scared - you just
don't know it because you don't have the gift.
I do.

Kaylie's family was killed by the creatures they
spent their lives hunting - and Kaylie herself
would've been killed too if it hadn't been for the
mysterious man that saved her, and then seemingly
vanished into thin air.

She owes him her life.
But she also blames him for it.

She never thought she'd see her saviour again,
but life has a way of surprising you when you
least expect it.

   I enjoyed Dark Souls by E.J. King. It was just my cup of tea, with the vampires (or rather, dark souls) and the Hunters. I liked the twist (though I did have my suspicions before) and I liked the characters. 

   I'm not going to lie to you though: this isn't the best book I've read. But I'm not sure what I was completely expecting; it was free after all. I think it could have been written better - the style (at least at the beginning) wasn't quite for me. That's not to say that I didn't like this book, because I did! I'm actually quite tempted to read the next book in the Soul Hunters series...

   I would recommend this book if you want an enjoyable, quick read - or if you're just into the supernatural side of books.

Thanks!

- Emma

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment! Just select Name/URL in the comment bar below!