Thursday 30 July 2015

Review: The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare


Fire wants to burn
Water wants to flow
Air wants to rise
Earth wants to bind
Chaos wants to devour

Call wants to live.

Most kids would do anything to pass
the Iron Trial.

Not Callum Hunt. He wants to fail.

All his life, Call has been warned
by his father to stay away from magic.
If he succeeds at the Iron Trial and is
admitted into the Magisterium, he is sure
it can only mean bad things for him.

But when he tries his best to do his
worst, he fails at failing. 

The Magisterium awaits him now -
a place that's both sensational
and sinister. 

But with dark ties to his past,
and a twisty path to his future,
it turns out Call's biggest test is
still yet to come. 

(I would just like to say that I took the description of this book from goodreads, because I truly suck at describing books sorry! Now with that out of the way, let's begin with the actual review...)

   I don't think I have ever come across such a massive, amazing, completely unexpected plot twist in my whole life. I mean, I was expecting something big, but I didn't think that would be it. I need to know what happens next, and the next book isn't even out yet! HELP ME!!

   I'm not going to lie: in the beginning of this book, I was quite disappointed. Two of my favourite authors, one awesome synopsis, and such a great promise of a book...and yet I found the first quarter of the book rather unenjoyable. 

   But then everything started coming together, and the action kicked in, and the amazing book that I had been hoping for finally revealed itself in an amazing show of awesomeness.

   I fell in love with the characters and the world that was created. If you like fantasy/paranormal/supernatural YA, read this book!

Thanks!

- Emma

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment! Just select Name/URL in the comment bar below!