Tuesday 14 July 2015

Review: The Independent Guide to Minecraft

Displaying photo.JPG 
As I've already reviewed a few official Minecraft guides, I thought I'd try an independent one. 

When I first started playing Minecraft, I found this book really useful. But there's some things about it that annoy me, too. So I'm going to list and explain the good and bad points of this book below:

Good 

- They don't copy the style of official handbooks. Everything is laid out and presented differently to them. 

- This book is clear and easy to use, especially for first timers and noobs.

- It is PACKED with stuff. Literally packed. It explains everything from getting started, to the end, to techniques when fighting, etc. The list goes on. Even the most advanced players could find something useful in this book. 

- They have a block ID list and crafting glossary. This can come in really useful when you're just starting out and can't remember the crafting recipes. Personally, I find it better and easier to remember than someone just telling you the pattern. 

- It's not official. Obviously this could be a bad thing too, and I will mention that, but I believe there are some good points to it being independent. For example, you may get tips from the authors that aren't give by developers. There could also be different builds to help you with your house or house design.

Bad

- I have to start with the spelling mistakes. There is a LOT. It's as bad as calling redstone fredstone. I know.

- It's not official. As I said, this could be good and bad. But, for a start, being independent could mean they're not always up-to-date with what's happening in Minecraft. And, as with all games, the creators are going to know more than the players. They're the ones who coded, designed and played the games when they first came out and before they were released. You're less likely to get some inside tips from an independent company.

-Beth

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment! Just select Name/URL in the comment bar below!