Sunday 23 August 2015

Wattpad: why it's ruining my life

   Wattpad is a beautiful thing. It's amazing, and I honestly praise the creators for coming up with such an awesome website/app. I love Wattpad (way more than I probably should) but I hold no shame in that. It is what it is.

   However, Wattpad is ruining my life. And here's why:


   1. My strict grammar side is having a stress headache pretty much every time I'm on Wattpad. 
   
   And this is to no fault of Wattpad's, but the authors. Please don't take this post as me slamming Wattpad authors, because I'm not. At all. I understand that mistakes are very easily made and missed when editing. 
   But some things I'm a bit like 'HOW CAN YOU NOT NOTICE THAT'. Blatant mistakes, and constant ones, sort of annoy me. I mean, I'm no grammatical wizard or anything, but still. And when tenses start being swapped - no. Don't do it. Stick to one. Pretty please.

   2. I just want to read.

   Which isn't really a bad thing. But if it was left up to me, I'd probably spend the day in my bedroom, or on my sofa, just reading on my phone or iPad. I can't help it. I've actually gone past the 'dedication stage' and straight to the 'downright obssessed' one. ('I'm not obssessed, I'm dedicated' no longer applies to me.)

   3. I blame Beth for my current situation.

   Beth left me for two whole weeks, which meant I had spare time on my hands. And I had to find something to do, and well, I found Wattpad was perfect. So that extra time? Yeah, it turned into Wattpad Time. And may I just say, Wattpad Time is addictive. Now I find myself wanting to venture into the beautiful land of a Wattpad story, but I. Don't. Have. Time. 

Or rather, I now feel like I should be doing something more productive than getting through a few Wattpad books a day. (Don't you just hate in when reality kicks in?)

   4. It's screwing with my eyes.

   My eyes can't deal with reading on computer/iPad/phone screens for a long period of time. But when I'm Wattpadding, I can't stop. I just can't help it. Also I was staying up really late to read, which made me tired, which resulted in my eyes being even worse. Gosh darn my eyes.

   5. I'm addicted, and I'd rather read than do other things.

   I sort of covered this one in number 2, but I really need it to get across how bad this is. More often than not, I'll refuse to go out and I'll just read. And I'm perfectly happy doing that. But there's more to life than just reading, you know? I think this point is actually starting to come across to me. 

It's time to actually start living, right?


Thanks!

- Emma 🌟

(I would just like to point out I was meant to post this a few weeks back. I'm not as obssessed with Wattpad as I was. I only read on it occasionally. But, I still do mean what I mean about starting to live: life isn't just about reading. Go and have your own adventures!)

Happy Reading! (And adventuring!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment! Just select Name/URL in the comment bar below!