Saturday 8 August 2015

Review: Angel Cake by Cathy Cassidy

Displaying photo.JPG
Angel Cake is a book by Cathy Cassidy, first published in 2009 by The Penguin Group.

Anya dreamed of moving to Britain...to be with her dad and start a brand-new adventure of her own.

But when her wish finally comes true, Anya's life starts to fall apart. She has no friends, and when she finds one, he's a devil hidden under angel wings.

However...maybe things are better than they seem?

The dark, scowly frown fades from Dan's face and he sighs heavily, shoulders slumped. Now he doesn't look angry so much as lost, a sad-eyed boy in wet angel wings with all the cares of the world on his shoulders. He looks at me sideways. 
'Don't know why I'm telling you all this,' he says. 'You don't even know what I'm saying, do you? Not all of it anyway. Just as well. I'm not much of an angel, that's for sure. 
I want to tell Dan that I understand a lot more than he thinks, but I can't find the words, so I just smile. Dan smiles back, his brown eyes shining, and then, before I can even see it coming, he leans across and kisses me softly.
I have never been kissed before.

Even though I have read this book possibly even 10 times, I still love it now! I got through it so quickly once I had the time to read it...and I couldn't believe how well I knew some things, and forgot others.

It might just be me, but I truly think this book is the most touching and heartwarming of Cathy Cassidy's, and her talent for writing really shines through in it! The way she writes about young love is much deeper than that...more beautiful. And full of understanding.

If you want to discover her talent, this would be a great book to read!

-Beth

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment! Just select Name/URL in the comment bar below!